November 18-19 2017 — Two days of fun and pong for players of all skills and ages!
Tournament info website: www.pittsburghtabletennis.com
Registration website: www.omnipong.com
Sponsored by: the Pittsburgh Regional Table Tennis Association, in cooperation with Pittsburgh Oakland Table Tennis Club, South Park Table
Tennis Club, and the Allegheny County Parks Department
Location: South Park Home Economics Building, 3735 Buffalo Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15129.
We’ll email a detailed map to all players.
Entry and payment deadline: Thursday Nov. 16.
Refunds: 100% for cancellations up to Sunday Nov. 12. No refunds after that date.
Venue opens at: 8:00 am.
Event staff: Jeff Pepper (President PRTTA), Chip Coulter (Tournament Director)
Format: Round robin events have 4 or 5 players each, 2 advance to single elimination playoffs. Giant RR’s have 5 or 6 players each, ALL PLAYERS advance to a second round robin, so 7-8 matches are guaranteed! Other event formats vary, see entry form for details.
Attention USATT members!
- All Saturday events and the Sunday doubles are UNSANCTIONED by USATT. Anyone can enter, but results do not affect your USATT ratings.
- Sunday Giant Round Robins ARE SANCTIONED by USATT. You must have a USATT membership or event pass in order to enter this event, and results will affect your ratings. Membership can be renewed or purchased when you register.
Tournament equipment: Butterfly tables and nets, Nittaku white plastic 3-star balls. Cement floors, 12 ft. ceilings, 600 lux lighting.
Policies: Events can be cancelled or combined at the discretion of the tournament director. Events with insufficient entries may be cancelled and
refunds issued. No prizes will be awarded for splits, dumps, default losses or no-shows. Play will be conducted under USATT rules. USATT dress code will be enforced. White shirts not allowed. All referee decisions are final.
Saturday and Sunday,
November 18-19, 2017
South Park Home Economics Building
Pittsburgh, PA 15129
The Ping Pong festival is back, and once again we will have two full days of events for everyone from beginners to the region’s top players. The Festival will have over $1,500 in prize money. See entry form for detailed event and schedule info. Please join us!
The 5th Annual Pittsburgh Amateur Ping Pong Festival
- • Amateur “A”, “B” and “C” : round robin + playoff events for players of all skill levels
- Giant Round Robins: two rounds with 6-player groups, so every player guaranteed to play 7 or 8 matches!
- Handicap: double elimination playoff, each match is one game to 31 points, with handicap points given to lower-rated player
- Two Doubles Events: U-3000 for intermediate/ unrated players, U-4000 for advanced players
- Masters (age 50+): round robin + playoff
- Juniors (age 18 and under): round robin + playoff
LOTS OF EVENTS
- Acrylic trophies and medallions for 1st and 2nd place
- Cash prizes for 1st and 2nd in ALL events
- Merchandise table with paddles, rubber and balls
- Free drinks and snacks