Saturday, May 20, 2017
Penn Hills High School Gym
12200 Garland Drive, Pittsburgh PA 15235
Pittsburgh is all about sports, with top professional teams in football, baseball and hockey, and the most devoted fan base in the nation. And when it comes to table tennis, Pittsburgh is home to America’s oldest continuously operating club and hundreds of active players.
This year we are happy to present Pittsburgh’s 3rd Annual Steel City Open Table Tennis Tournament, with over $1,500 in prize money and a terrific venue. See back of this sheet for events and schedule. Please join us!
- Beautiful acrylic trophies and medallions for 1st and 2nd in all events
- Cash prizes for top 4 finishers in the Open event
- Cash prizes for almost all other events too, including additional cash prize of $50 awarded to the highest-placing Western Pennsylvania player in each of the Open, U-2000, U-1800 and U-1600 events.
- Free drinks and snacks
- Delicious catered Indian food (courtesy of India On Wheels food truck!) available onsite for purchase
|Event||Start Time||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place|
|Open||1:30 pm||$500 + Trophy||$200 + Medallion||$50 + Medallion||$50 +
|Under 2000||11:00 am||$100 + Trophy||$50 + Medallion|
|Under 1800||5:00 pm||$100 + Trophy||$50 + Medallion|
|Under 1600||1:30 pm||$50 + Trophy||Medallion|
|Under 1300||5:00 pm||$50 + Trophy||Medallion|
|Under 1000||11:00 am||Trophy||Medallion|
(Under 800 or unrated)
|Masters (Age 50+)||9:00 am||$50 + Trophy||Medallion|
|Juniors (Age 18-)||9:15 am||$50 + Trophy||Medallion|
|Doubles (U-3200)||9:15 am||Medallion (2)||Medallion (2)||
- All events (except Doubles) are generally 5 players per round robin, with the top 2 advancing to a single-elimination playoff round. In some cases, round robins may have 4 or 6 players, but at least 2 players will always advance to the playoffs from each round robin. You must have a USATT rating to advance to the playoffs (except in the Novice event). All matches are best 3 of 5 games..
- Doubles: Single-elimination playoffs. All matches are best 3 of 5 games, except Open semifinals and finals which are best 4 of 7.
- Novice event is for players with USATT rating under 800, or players without a USATT rating but who are considered to be at a skill level that’s appropriate for a novice event. If you are an unrated but highly skilled player, please talk with us before entering the Novice event!
- The Tournament Director may modify the groups and format depending on number of entries.
- Registration deadline is May 18, No late fees. Event space is limited, first come first served!
- USA Table Tennis rules will govern all play. See www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/Rules for complete rules.
- Nittaku Premium 40+mm white plastic 3-star balls will be provided, courtesy of our friends at Paddle Palace. Facility will have Butterfly tables with dividers, high gym ceilings, great lighting, wood floor. All tables are high quality Butterfly tables with Europa nets.
- Please wear a dark shirt as a courtesy to other players. White shirts are not permitted.
2 Ways to Register:
- Go to omnipong.com, click on Tournaments, scroll down to Pennsylvania, and click on the Steel City Open.
- Print out this entry form, fill it out, and mail with payment to the address shown on the form.
- Our official tournament hotel is the Holiday Inn Monroeville, located at 2750 Mosside Blvd, Monroeville, PA 15146. We have a really good rate with them, just $99/night (regular price $150). Use code PRT when you make your reservations. Reserve online, or call 412-372-1022.
- Contact Jeff Pepper (firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-979-9141) or Chip Coulter (email@example.com or 412-849-4220).