Guidelines for play due to Covid-19 are as follows:
- We are limited to no more than 35 players at any given time.
- Handy wipes will be supplied by the Club in each Table’s net holder bags for cleaning of ball, hands or any surface.
- All chairs used shall be cleaned & 6ft. apart
- FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED bandanas are acceptable. BYO = Bring Your Own
- Must adhere to signage on door for entry of facility.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO CLEAN OUR EQUIPMENT & STORAGE AREA,
There’s lots of table tennis activity in Pittsburgh, and everyone is welcome to join in the fun. Whether you’re a beginning basement player or a world-class competitor, you’ll find people in Pittsburgh who play at your level. Pittsburgh-based players are among the best in the state.
There are two USATT affiliated clubs in the Pittsburgh area. Both clubs welcome visitors and new players.
- The South Park Table Tennis Club, based in the Home Economics building in Pittsburgh’s South Park, is the oldest continually USATT affiliated club in the country, and is currently the home club for 9 players having USATT ratings over 2000. Formed in 1957, its most famous players are the Seemiller brothers – Danny, Ricky and Randy – who dominated US table tennis for a decade. Danny Seemiller won five U.S. Men’s Singles Championships (in 1976, 1977, 1980, 1982, and 1983), and was once ranked #19 in the world. Randy Seemiller, the #25 ranked U.S. player over age 50, still lives in the Pittsburgh area and is one of the top-ranked players at the South Park club. Dr. Bill Walk, a USATT Hall of Fame member, also plays at South Park, along with PA’s 3rd ranked player over age 80, Jim Stedeford. The South Park club is open on Tuesday evenings starting at 7:30 pm for competitive play, and Thursdays evenings for informal practice. Everyone is welcome regardless of skill level, and there’s no charge to play the first couple of times. See the South Park club page for more details.
- The Pittsburgh Oakland Table Tennis Club was formed in 2011. The POTTC plays at the Central Catholic High School Basketball Gym in Oakland. We hold weekly league, open play, and clinics — all great events for beginners and advanced players alike. See the left-hand side of this page for our schedule for this week, and see the Pittsburgh Oakland club page for more details.